Thursday 10 November 2011

Lists and More Lists!


For the next little while I am always going to have a note pad and pen next to my computer.  I am writing lots of lists at the moment…Lists of how I want to decorate our house inside and out.  How I want to spread Christmas cheer, lists of things I want to make.  Ideas for gifts, who I want to make gifts for.  Finalizing Advent Calendar ideas .  List of who to send Christmas Cards to.

Christmas Cards now what do you all do for Christmas Cards?  I normally make them but this year decided to go for the Heartfelt way and have had cards made at Snapfish with a photo of David on them and then will be adding a little extra to each card before we send them out.  I am going write them out and address envelopes this weekend and start mailing them next week.   Do you send out Christmas Cards?  So if you do purchased readymade cards you can still add that Handmade & Heartfelt feeling to them.  Glitter them up a bit, add a bit of ribbon, round the corners…There’s lots of possibilities.

To help you all out with dates to send mail and packages by the following are the dates from NZ Post.

Domestic
Standard Post – Post by 20 December
Fast Post – Post by 22 December
Courier Post – Post by 22 December

International
Airmail
Australia – Post by 09 December
South Pacific/East Asia/North America/UK & Europe (Zone, B,C and D) – Post by 02 December
Rest of the World (Zone E) – Post by 28 November

Let me know if you want the Economy shut off dates as well.

How do you all display your Christmas cards?  My mum and Dad use a wooden tree that my dad made years ago with slots in it for the cards – We display ours up on one of our feature walls that just has a fish tank on it and create a feature wall.  Do you send Christmas Cards?


Thanks to everyone who is signing up for the swap it’s going to be a great one…I also have some awesome news which I will share on Monday or Tuesday.

Loved hearing about everyone’s stockings and/or sacks.  We tend to use the sack for Santa’s pressies which can be opened with everyone when they first get up and then latter in the morning after Richard’s Mum and Dad arrive the kids get to open up the rest of their presents.  This year each cousin will also receive a special handmade and heartfelt stocking filled with just some small little goodies.

This morning I picked up some goodies that I am going to work on over the weekend and make into handmade gifts that I will take pics of and upload on Monday.  I am half way through packing up everyone’s kits and will be mailing these off on Tuesday.  If you are still to email me your addresses if you could do that that would be wonderful.

Have a great weekend and will post tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

  1. Your christmas cards are always beautiful and David is growing sooooo much - I don't really do Christmas cards but I am considering it this year - maybe - if I can bribe the boys into a half way decent photo I have a plan inspired by pinterest but time will tell LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make christmas cards, don't send many though. I haven't made any yet for this year, hmmmm might be this weekends goal.
    We hang our cards across a string, exactly what Mum & Dad did when I was little. The kids add theirs from friends also

    ReplyDelete