Wednesday 30 November 2011

Awesome Gift Idea & Starship Update

How is everyone going?  OMG I can't believe that it is the 01st December already!  Where is the time going.  Our Advent Stockings are up and David has his first note in there waiting for him for after school.  This is because I had a very sore eye this morning and didn't get them up in time.  David's first activitiy is to put up our new Christmas Lights into our Christmas Tree.

The following is an awesome idea that I first read from Nic Howard on the Big Picture Scrapbooking Newsletter and then on Nic's Blog.

This is Directly from Nic's blog

Like everyone else, I do have stressful moments, which is why I thought I'd share my idea for creating gifts for that not-so-easy-to-buy-for person.  We've all got one or two of those!

Handmade cards.  And before you write the idea off as an old one, I know that people have been giving sets of blank handmade cards for years.  BUT how about this tip for going that leeeeeettle bit further.

Handmade.  Some boy ones, some girl ones, some my Grandmother would love, just a whole lot of not-too-tricky kinda cards.

But here is the cool bit.  I find out friends and family's addresses that she might normally send to.  I write them on envelopes, ready for her to choose a card, write a sentiment and pop it in.  The COOLEST thing though is where the stamp goes - I write the date of the recipients birthday.  I arrange them all nicely in a box in date order to be sent and the recipient  would always be organised.

To update you all on Starship.  I am off to Starship Thursday 08th December in the morning delivering gifts we have been collecting during the year, the Card Kits (final amount will be announced next week) and some Parent Gifts that I have been putting together.

All going well I will have another Blog Post up tonight or first thing tomorrow morning. 

Happy December everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Far out Dec 1st already - will have to go find my daily dec album now - ummm I think it is in the shed somewhere LOL

    Yay on the advent stockings, my tree is nearly done but had to help dad with some stuff this morning so everything is delayed - tonight maybe?

    I made cards for my grams one year but it back fired and she has deemed them to special to use and still goes and buys them GRRR only very special people get a card I made - my grams is so sweet :)

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing something similar, I have made Mum a writing compendium with hand stamped cards and envelopes. I know she uses them because I made a set of cards for her a few years ago and she gave me back one on my birthday lmao

    ReplyDelete