Wednesday 9 November 2011

Inspiration.

As promised here is a photo of the Advent Calendar that I have got for David this year.




I am also helping to spread the “Handmade & Heartfelt” goodness to David’s School.  He goes to a small country school and has the best teachers.  I have sent the following goodies along to David’s teacher and they kids are all going to make handmade cards, decorations and we have a tree for all the Room 3 kids that they are going to fill with their handmade decorations.  Their teacher and I are working on a Gingerbread Idea at the moment.  I luckly got my hands on a Gingerbread House cutter kit and we are working on the possibility of making 3-4 gingerbread houses for the kids to stick together and decorate and share amongst the class and then get to take home a gingerbread family each.




Over the following weeks I will be sharing with you inspirational people that inspire me along my “Handmade & Heartfelt” Journey.  Last year I took Kim Archer’s “Handmade Christmas 2010” class online and just loved loved it.  I am signing back up again.  I love love all Kim's Handmade things that she makes. Here is the link to all the details about the class…




I also have purchased the first of Your Home & Garden's Christmas issues.  Issue 2 out 28 November.  It is full of lots of home made inspiration and I will be making many many of the things out of each issue and photographing them and uploading here for you all to see.

I have also purchased the latest New World "Real" magazine full of awesome homemade eadable home made gifts so will also be making lots of these and taking photos for you all.

In answer to Julie's question.  I am happy for the swap to be either a Handmade Gift or Decoration.  I know the most of you being involved with this swap would be happy with either as I know I would.  Any other quesitons please just let me know.

Question of the day for you all!  Stockings or Christmas Sacks or both?  What do you do?  We have used a mixture over the past 5 years but this year i want to make a really special one for David to have every year.  We spend most christmas with Richard's family in Hamilton and David loves having a big Christmas Sack like his cousins do so will continue with that.  Judith, how do you think the 3 kids would like their own personal handmade Christmas Stocking to go with their sacks this year?

Have a wonderful day everyone.


8 comments:

  1. Love the card and gingerbread idea for school :) We do stockings, I got the boys one each a couple of years ago and one day I will make them a nice once each but they dont really mind as long as there is things in it hee hee

    The stocking usually has a lollipop a couple of lollies, a small book and a matchbox toy - usually :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the kids a stocking which had some lollies and chippies etc in it last year. Then they get a bag full of pressies - I often fill it with things like some nice shampoo, shower gel, deodorant, bath towel... things that fill up the bag but also are used on a regularly basis.
    I remember being 17 and coming home after a late night out to a stocking at the end of the bed...Santa couldn't wait up any longer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my kids both have a stocking, the kids on there first xmas all get a stocking from there gran and grandad and they put presents in it, then the following years after santa fills it, so they have that each and then in recent years a santa sack as well.....because Jacqueline is 12 now shes just getting her stocking as she gets one biggish (as in cost) present and then the stocking filled up with other goodies and she only get that because Cody who is nealry 4 still beleives in santa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on starting your own blog! :) Kim's Christmas class is always so great and full of fabulous ideas.
    Santa brings a sack with gifts at our house, but he also fills a little stocking in the lounge room with sweets and trinkets.
    I'm getting SO excited about Christmas!!
    Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. We do stockings for Xmas morning in their rooms. But I like the random piling under the tree of bigger parcels, and having to hunt around for yours so we don't do sacks:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have both stockings and sacks, the stocking at the end of their beds so they can open those when they wake up and then the sacks in the lounge next to the xmas tree. Although this year Santa has lots of bigger parcels planned so they might have to have the sack over top of them just so the boys know which is their pile of presents.
    IM in for the swap and I love the cards and little Santa advent stocking they are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We do stockings (that were store brought a few years ago) and I made the kids a Christmas drawstring bag as well. Hang them on the mantle (although there is a gas heater parked in the fireplace so santa uses his magic key!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bronte has a lovely furry Santa sack at her grandmas that she is thrilled to open each year. It has a lovely face and padded cheeks all made out of red and white and flesh coloured fur, with big moving eyes. Grandma asked if she had grown out of it yet and she yelled Noooo! I still want to get my gifts in it when I am married.lol. We have my Aunty's homemade and crazy quilted stockings to hang at home. Her blogspot devonhouserecollections is full of creative quitling,embroidery and fabric art with embellishments. Just look through her older posts last Christmas from Norfolk Island.

    ReplyDelete