Tuesday 22 November 2011

Challenge to you all & Inspiration

Firstly I have a challenge to you all to Pay it Forward...I was very inspired a couple of weeks ago by the following Blog Post that Louise passed onto me...

http://mixmingleglow.com/blog/?p=1358

Robyn celebrated her 38th birthday by doing 38 random acts of kindness

I just love love love this idea.  I am going to do as my 25 Days of Christmas 25 different random acts of kindness and will share them all on here.

My challenge to you if you choose to accept it is to join me in doing your own random acts of kindness over christmas...It doesn't have to be 25 and they don't have to be big as you can see from Robyn's post..

You could
Open a door for someone
Let someone in front of the queue in front of you at the supermarket
Write a letter to a friend and mail it

You name it there are countless ways you could join in.

Inspiration - I have a pile of magazines and pages out of magazines and leaflets beside me here on my desk as the photo below shows and I am gathering anything and everything christmas to inspire me and I wish there were more hours in the day as I am getting so inspired and want to try everything.  I am also inspired by many many blogs at the moment as well...

What is inspiring you all?

Tomorrow i will be doing a post on Daily December Albums and what to expect in the coming weeks. 

If there is anyone out there that is still wanting to join our handmade gift/ornament swap please email me by 01 Decemember.

This weekend we will be starting to decorate the house by putting up our Christmas Tree.  Normally I leave til until 01 December but wanted it to be done over a weekend so we could all spend time doing it together.  I am going to bake some chocolate chip cookies and have some hot chocolate and marshmellows or iced chocolate if it's really hot.  I am making lists of how I want to decorate our house and where we want everything.

I want to hear about your Family Traditions and what you do and.or want to do.  Are you introducing any new traditions this year.

I have sent off the first of the "Handmade & Heartfelt" envelopes so please let me know when they start to arrive.

3 comments:

  1. I accept this mission, I too will do my age hehe 21 - :) Cody is busting to put our tree up, I will do it on the 1st when hes at kindy an my kids each have there own tree so they can decorate them when home from kindy and school, the rule is they can do what they want with there tree but they are not to touch mine hehe....since doing daily december I make sure we get family photos in front of the tree but other than doing that no family traditions here really

    ReplyDelete
  2. My ds did a pay it forward type thing on fb earlier in the year. The first 4 people to comment on his status got something handmade by him at some point in the year. He made cakes and cards. He loved the response for those he gave to especially when they had forgotten all above it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOve the idea of paying it forward....earlier this month I got some make your own calendars for a trade me member that didnt have any in her town and sent them to her. Also Im going to sit down with the boys and make some sort of small gift and give to local kindy or somewhere jsut so they get that christmas is not all about getting things and that giving is special and nice to do as well. We always keep an eye on how far away santa is on the internet and the boys get very excited seeing this. The boys write a letter to santa and love to see that he always gets something from their list for them.
    Thanks you for my envelope of goodies, was a nice surprise to get in the mail today

    ReplyDelete