Saturday 12 November 2011

Christmas Gift Ideas - Part 1

Yes, I know what is on many of your minds at the moment…”What do I get or make for a certain person for Christmas”?

Here are a few ideas we have thought of for Richard’s work colleagues and friends.

One guy is very heavily into the gym so we have gotten him a pump/drink bottle and have got some protein bars and replacement drink sachets and will put that all in there like that and I am going to make up a Gym/Christmas Themed Tag for it.

Another of his work colleagues loves Cupachinos so have gotten him a portable ceramic reusable takeaway coffee looking cup, some chocolate covered coffee beans and some cupachino sachets (from loot I have been buying through the year.  More on that latter)

Another colleague in Wellington loves chocolate so I have got a small paper Mache box from Spotlight and will make a label for his called “Blincoe Chocolate Shop” and some other decorations around it and am filling it with chocolate bars…Lots of supermarkets are having 99c or 4 for $4.00 type sales on chocolate bars at the moment.

Think of just something that you know about them that they love or are interested in.

My father in law at times can be very very hard to buy for.  Last year we got him a magazine on organic/natural gardening and will get that again for him along with some heirloom/heritage seeds…He loves this sort of thing and will present it to him in a seedling tray with some other little goodies wrapped up in calico to keep with the natural look and feel with a vintage seedling packet or printable as a gift tag.

My mother’s birthday is just under a month before Christmas so always have to think of a couple of things.  Mum is 78 this year so i am thinking poss a little vintage feel mini album with photos of our family history that I have been finding along the way.


My adopted Gran is in her mid 90s and very frail in a Rest Home down in the Bay of Plenty and at times well most of the times doesn’t recognize many people so we wanted to give her a Black and White Photo of the David in a lovely vintage frame that is just simple but beautiful so I am hunting 2nd hand shops etc at the moment…but we thought even if she doesn’t recognize him at least she would have her smiling happy adopted great grandson watching over her…I have heard that sometime with the elderly when they are unwell like she is that it isn’t the adults that they recognize but children…She’s always had a very special place in her heart for David.

Now when it comes to Richard and my Brother in Law I am still trying and trying to work out that perfect present…  What are you giving your hard to buy for husbands?

Possibly doing a 12 x 12 framed layout of a Wedding Photo of Richard and I and maybe a little mini album or a little box of yummy chocolate and salt home made truffles.

Im not sure who these will be for but the following are some of the other home made/hand made goodies that I am going to be making…

Layered Cookie Mix Jar
Tray of Cinnamon Rolls (either ready to bake or freshly baked)
Christmas Cookie Platters
Little Gift Baskets
Home made spice mixes
Breakfast kit
Tea Kit
White Rocky Road
White Christmas
Home made Caramel Sauce
Pizza kit
Homemade Maltezer Hot Chocolate Kit
Gingerbread House
Homemade Gravad lax


I have so many ideas and will just keep making and making.  You all know me I will probably make way to much stuff but hey that’s me.

Now Sandra Mason has posted on her blog her Advent Calendar that she made up for herself last year and her kind husband fills each draw with chocolates…What a good man.


Also a little house keeping.  If you have emailed me on my vodafone email address can you please re-send as somehow all emails up to yesterday afternoon have disappeared.

I am so glad you are all loving this...I would love to hear from each of you about what you would like to see featured on this blog in the coming weeks.

Take care and have a wonderful heartfelt sunday!





3 comments:

  1. By the looks of that list you are going to be very busy with the weeks leading up to xmas. Men are the hardest to buy for and I still have a father to buy for just waiting for a list of ideas from him, then im pretty much done witht he gifts i need to buy have a feed notebooks that to make for a couple of friends kids. I took photos of them and using those photos as the cover and just using random bits of paper inside to make their own personal one of a kind notebook. Loving all the ideas you are giving

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a good man, Love him lots.
    On my blog is a list of things I am wanting to achieve for christmas.
    I am in the middle of doing a tutorial for the CD case calenders, and it should be up soon.
    You inspire me Debbie, keep up the good love

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great and personal ideas you have for everyone - I find men the hardest too - Carl is always a challenge but this year we have agreed on books for each of us and for Dad I am doing a pencil sketch with all three of his grandsons - or at least I will start it soon LOL

    Ohhhh you Malteez hot choc kit sound divine please share the recipe for that one :)

    Hope you had a great weekend missy xoxox ohh and how is the finger mending ??

    ReplyDelete