Sunday 4 December 2011

Spreading "Handmade & Heartfelt" into Schools and around!

This morning saw me arrive at David's school early and set up a Christmas Tree and decorate it before any of the kids arrived to bring some Christmas into the class room as a surprise.  I have also been helping their teacher with "handmade" ideas and next Tuesday they will be making stained glass cookies and handmade crackers which I am making up kits for and the dough for the cookies - i've got them some awesome cookie cutters of mine to borrow.  Today the kids started making up their own little cardboard Christmas Trees.

I have been in contact with all 3 families and by the end of next week everyone will have their Christmas Trees and decorations.  I will be doing a little profile on each family this coming week.  Our Timaru family had moved 3 times since the earthquake and I have found out over the weekend that this coming weekend they will be moving for a fourth time and they didn't actually think they would have a Christmas Tree this year.

I am in the process of getting everything organised for our Star Ship visit on Thursday morning.  Getting together and bagging up 200 card kits is a long task but one that I am enjoying doing and feel that I am helping to bring Christmas Spirit to them.  I will make sure I take pics of everything and will post on Thursday afternoon on my return.  So far we will have about 200 card kits possibly more, gifts for some of the pacients and 20 little kits of a few goodies for parents in some wonderful christmasy fabric bags donated by Tanya W's mum!  Thanks heaps you are wonderful.

How are everyone's Christmas Plans going?

I am off to get some photos printed tomorrow so that I can finish presents for my mum and dad as we are having our first Christmas at their place this weekend.  David and some of the other kids at his school will be in one of our local Santa Parades over the weekend and he is sooo excited.

2 comments:

  1. The kids at Starship are gonna love it so much and Mercury Energy has put a shout out for stars to decorate everything so that was what moo and I got upto yesterday, making stars, and I will post them off tomorrow :)

    Awwww making christmas trees at school that is so cool and the bikkies sound awesome too xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay christmas deliveries, the kids will love all the kits and goodies you are going to deliver

    ReplyDelete